2020 Season Update--April 22, 2020, News (Kincardine District Minor Soccer)

PrintNews Article
Click to view full-size image
2020 Season Update--April 22, 2020
Submitted By John Adams on Wednesday, April 22, 2020
In the interests of keeping everyone informed on the current state of our 2020 season, we will be attempting to post updates on a bi-weekly basis, or sooner if circumstances change.
We certainly share everyone's frustration with the situation that the current Pandemic has placed us all in, but as we all understand this situation is unprecedented in recent history, so we are all navigating these turbulent times together. Having said that, here is what we are currently facing in regards to the 2020 season. 

With the Municipality of Kincardine shutting down all access to recreation facilities, including soccer fields, until the end of June, we are facing a start in the first week of July AT THE EARLIEST. Should these dates remain in effect, we would look at starting our season on July 6th, 2020.
This start date would result in a few options for house league play, that being the teams playing in our U10 divisions and below. At this time we have no direction or indication from our Lakeshore league as to what is intended for our U12 and higher divisions.
In reference to our House Leagues, the options that are being examined are as follows:
1. Provided there are no restrictions still in effect that prevent soccer from being played, our coach meetings would take place July 2-5, with practices starting the week of July 6th, and games starting the week of July 13th. Season would end in September, with some games doubling up during the week, as well as games played on Saturday and/or Sunday. 
2. If the delay is pushed back further in to August, the season would have to be cancelled. We could look at some festival weekends to play some soccer this season

Of course, both of these options are dependent on what happens with our society as a whole, and are therefore subject to change without our having any input...we would, however, value your input. In the coming days, it is our intention to create an online survey for all those involved with Kincardine Soccer. In that survey, we will be asking for your input regarding the challenges facing our club for this 2020 season. This would include, but not be limited to, a shortened season starting later, an extended season going into September or as long as weather permits, Mid-week and/or Weekend games, as well as a hard deadline for a final decision on if we can in fact offer a season for 2020.
Our season was scheduled to start the week of the Victoria Day Long weekend, so at this point we are hoping to have enough information and true indications of what restrictions will still be in place by that date. 
Ideally, we would like to have a season, but if it is indicated either the expectations of our Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Governments, or the majority of our club members that a season should not go forward, then we will be dealing with the question of refunds for a cancelled season, less any costs that have already been incurred by the club as a whole from the already completed steps to starting the 2020 season. 
Again, we will post an additional update on how things stands should the situation change, or in two weeks, whichever arrives first.
Until then, we hope everyone stays safe, healthy, and follows the Social and Physical distancing rules. We are all in this together.
This article has been viewed 908 times.
Team Sites
Social Networking
Follow Us On
Visit Kincardine District Minor Soccer on Facebook
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
News ArchiveOther Recent Articles
  • 26
    We wanted to update everyone on the processing of the 2020 season registration fee refunds since the season has been officially cancelled.
  • 01
    On behalf of the Kincardine District Minor Soccer Club Executive, it is my sad duty to report that we have made the decision to cancel the 2020 Soccer season in Kincardine effective June 1st, 2020. Your executive has not entered into this decision ...
  • 20
    On behalf of the soccer executive, here is our update on the status of the 2020 season as of Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Today we were notified by the OSA, our governing body, that field use restrictions for sanctioned activities have changed to allow ...
  • 26
    Please complete our survey regarding the status of planning for a 2020 Soccer Season Click Here for the Survey
  • 01
    As we are all aware, the pandemic that is COVID-19 has had far reaching effects beyond what anyone could have expected. Kincardine District Minor Soccer Club has been affected by these events, and I wanted to take a moment just to share with ...
  • 10
    Please note, due to a scheduling conflict, the In Person Dates for registration at the Davidson Center are now Feb. 18th and Feb. 20th from 6 to 8 PM.
  • 05
    Anyone who has been missing their indoor soccer fix, you will be glad to hear that a local group from the Lighthouse Fellowship Baptist Church has stepped forward to resume the program!!
  • 17
    Our Online registration portal is now live. Please click the link below to register 2020 ONLINE REGISTRATION
Printed from kincardinesoccer.com on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 12:06 PM